Or via phone: +1-301-715-8592
Meeting ID: 830 5957 7529
Additionally, I wanted to provide you with the link to the School Committee Agenda and Materials.
* DRAFT Gorham Schools Pandemic Operations Plan (Re-Opening Plan)
All other materials for the agenda packet can be found by CLICKING HERE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE MATERIALS ARE LIKELY TO CONTINUE TO BE REVISED RIGHT UP TO THE MEETING ITSELF... AS THEY ARE STILL LIVE DRAFT DOCUMENTS AS THE DISTRICT LEADERSHIP TEAM CONTINUES TO ADJUST PLANS BASED ON EMERGING DATA.
Also, I wanted to let you know that the CDC released its metrics identifying guidance on how each county should consider opening its schools based on a red, yellow, or green designation with red being a suggestion of no in-person learning, yellow being a suggestion of utilizing a hybrid model of learning where approximately 50% of students are in schools for a limited time each week and with green being a suggestion of allowing all students to return to in-person instruction. The metric is LINKED HERE. At this time (and again these designations change each week) all counties are listed as "Green". This information will definitely be used to help the School Committee make its decisions next week. Please know (and I am sorry to have to confuse folks further)...but "green" isn't just "green"(nothing is so simple these days)... the "green" designation allows for all students to return to face to face instruction BUT ONLY IF ALL SAFETY GUIDELINES CAN BE MET with all students in the facility. I'll be honest...right now that would be very difficult in the Gorham Schools - but we will definitely be talking about it at the School Committee Meeting on Thursday.
Finally, I wanted to make sure parents knew of some IMPORTANT next steps in our processes to re-open our schools in whatever model is selected by the Gorham School Committee. Those are:
* August 6 - School Committee decision
* August 10 - Final Parent Survey released (Due August 14)
* August 10 - K-5 PARENT Q&A Session at 6:30 p.m.
* August 11 - Gr. 6-8 PARENT Q&A Session at 6:30 p.m.
* August 12 - Gr. 9-12 PARENT Q&A Session at 6:30 p.m.
* August 14 - Parent Survey Due
* August 14 - 28 - Final preparations made to open schools
* August 24 - Individual School Re-Opening Videos Released
* August 31 - First Day of School for K,6, and 9 (note Kindergarten screenings will take place by appointment on August 31 and Sept. 1. Placements will be made and then formal classes begin for K students on Sept. 8).
* September 1 - First Day of School for all other students
Note: Links to the Q&A sessions can be found on the Gorham Schools District Website Calendar. Just click on the calendar event and the zoom information will appear! These have been very valuable meetings for parents to attend so I would strongly encourage attendance if at all possible. These meetings will also be recorded (as long as I remember to press record - sorry 6-8 parents) and posted for parents who are unable to attend.
As always, if you have ANY questions, please reach out. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org