Parents and community members. I wanted you all to know that I have been receiving A LOT of email communication lately, which is great (please keep that coming) but I haven't been able to keep up. Please know I will respond to each at some point today. In the meantime, I wanted to update you on our planning.
I am meeting with a group of health care professionals via zoom tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. to discuss the +/- of School closures and the appropriate timing of said closures. There is A LOT of information out there on this topic, and at best the recommendations are "mixed"...so I wanted to hear from our local community professionals on what they felt was best. I am also meeting with Cumberland County Superintendents at 10:30 a.m. via zoom. At that time all Superintendents will share what information they have gathered locally as well and share what they believe are the best next steps to move forward.
I will then meet with members of the district leadership team to discuss the information and plan next steps - either what to do if school is open on Monday or what to do if we decide to close. A message will go out via school messenger tomorrow evening one way or the other. It would be prudent for parents at this time to think about the POSSIBILITY of child care coverage IF the schools were to close.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to work hard to navigate this difficult situation and please know we are all here for one another, to support, to share information and to ultimately try and do what is best for our school and our community. I suspect that whatever decision is made tomorrow will be much like a snow day cancellation, only times about 100! There will be a group of people who are supportive and a group who are not. Therefore, rest assured that whatever decision is made will be made based upon the best medical and scientific advice I have at the time and not on whether or not individuals will be upset or disagree. I hope everyone can understand this piece.
THANK YOU ALL for following this information and for reading these blogs and staying informed. I will reach out again tomorrow evening with a final decision for School on Monday.
In the meantime. . . be kind to one another, look out for one another, and my best advice may be to stay off of social media! ☺