I have been receiving calls and emails recently regarding the 2019-20 Bus routes that were posted on our website last Friday. There have been lots of great questions and as a result -we have discovered an ERROR in our posted 2019-20 route times that we will be fixing! The error involves about ten minutes of time due to the fact that our routing software had 7:40 as the arrival time for our MS and HS runs and 8:40 as the arrival time for our Elementary runs. THIS IS INCORRECT. The arrival times should have been set as 7:30 for MS and HS and 8:30 for Elementary. Hence the ten minute difference.
Unfortunately, routes had been posted to our website with these incorrect times, and the INCORRECT times were also sent to the Gorham times for publication next week.
However, all is NOT lost! We will be re-posting route times on our website BY THIS FRIDAY (8/23). You can get to those new routes by CLICKING HERE(then go to "District Info." and then Bus Routes"). Additionally, since the information had already gone out to the Gorham Times and we cannot undo that - while reading the routes posted in the Gorham Times, you simply need to subtract approximately 10 minutes from each of the times listed to get the correct planned times.
All this being said, please understand that the first few weeks of school are HECTIC as we work our way through the new routes and school schedules. Please try to ensure children are at the appropriate stops at least 15 minutes early for the first week or so. Patience is key as we open up a new school year, and this year is no different. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE and apologize for adding some complexity by inadvertently publishing inaccurate times.
So, to be clear . . .
* Official start times are as follows:
- GMS Start 8:00, End 2:20
- GHS Start 7:50, End 2:10
- K-5 Schools Start 8:50, End 3:10
* New Routes will be posted on our website by 8/23
* If reading Gorham Times, please SUBTRACT 10 minutes from all route times listed (K-12) to get approximate times to begin the year.
* Please have students at bus stops 15 minutes early for first week or two.
* MOST K-5 students will arrive at school around 8:30.
* Breakfast will be offered to K-5 students between 8:30 - 8:50
* All K-5 schools will offer a morning break for students, either before school or mid-morning.
* All K-5 schools also have 20 minute lunch recess daily
* K-5 teachers also use their discretion to take wellness breaks for students throughout the course of the day.
That's what we have for information at this time. Again, please refer to newly posted runs on Friday using the link above and if you are reading the times in the Gorham Times, subtract 10 minutes to all times listed.
If you have questions, please reach out to your school's office as we don't want Judy at Transportation to be overrun.